The James T. Laney School of Graduate Studies at Emory uses a central online application system.
Please follow the instructions on the Graduate School Admissions Website to place an application. Submit your application only when you have completed all parts of the application. When you submit, you will be required to pay the $75 application fee by credit card or electronic check. Please make sure your application and all supporting materials (including official transcripts and GRE scores) will be received by the December 1 deadline.
For the online application, you will need:
- GRE Scores: You will be asked to report your GRE scores. These are considered unofficial. Your official scores must be sent from ETS to the Graduate School. Every applicant is required to submit GRE scores.
- Scanned Transcript: You will be asked to upload a scanned copy of each of your transcripts (pdf or jpg file) into the online application system. This is an unofficial copy that the program may review before receiving the official transcript. If you have difficulty uploading a scanned transcript, please contact the Graduate Program Coordinator, 404-727-4123.
- GPA: You will report your grade point average at each institution from which you received a degree.
- Statement of Purpose: You will submit your statement of purpose as a PDF.
- Writing Sample: You will submit your writing sample as a PDF.
- Recommender Information: You will need to provide the names and contact information for three individuals who will provide academic recommendations on your behalf.