Lambda Alpha Honor Society
Lambda Alpha is the national honors organization for anthropology. Emory University's chapter of Lambda Alpha is Beta of Georgia, and has been active since 1981.
Benefits of Lambda Alpha Membership
- Membership in a national honors organization is beneficial for your resume. This is a lifetime membership, and you may list it among your honors/affiliations indefinitely.
- Members of Lambda Alpha may submit their work for publication in the national Journal (see department secretary for details if you are interested).
- The National Executive Office provides sizable scholarships each year to two outstanding undergraduate members nationally.
- Members are eligible to purchase the Lambda Alpha Honors stole and/or pin to wear at commencement.
- Must be a junior or senior (graduate students are also welcome to become members)
- Must have taken a minimum of twenty hours of Anthropology classes (equivalent to a minor)
- Must have a minimum of 3.0 (B) cumulative overall GPA, and a major GPA of at least 3.3 (B+).
Joining Lambda Alpha
- Lifetime membership dues are $25.00 (includes certificate and membership card).
- The Anthropology Department office solicits new members for Lambda Alpha once a year, in the early spring. Anthropology majors and minors meeting the requirements listed above will be contacted by the department.
If you have any questions about Lambda Alpha, please contact the Anthropology Department Office at 404-727-7518.